Friday, January 29, 2010
We're having a ...!
bad week. :-P
So I guess it's been a while since we have posted anything on here.
I guess we're not really having a bad week, in fact I would say we're having a fairly good week.
The only bad thing is that ... well let's start at the beginning.
On Thursday morning I was walking out to my truck and looked at our bikes locked securely to the bike rack, as I do everyday. My bike, check. Tish's bike...wait a second where are the wheels!?! Someone stole Tish's wheels! I went back to our apartment to give Tish the bad news. She was slightly (read extremely) irritated about it. I guess the good thing is that it was just the wheels and not the bike itself. Lame right? Who steals bike wheels?
So I go to Sports Authority on my lunch to get some cable locks to secure the wheels. After work I went to the police station to file a report. It turns out that several bikes had been stolen from our complex IN THE MIDDLE OF PROVO, UTAH. I don't really expect the police report to come of anything but it also gave me an opportunity to ask some questions, but more on that later.
So I secured my wheels with the cable lock and felt better about things...that is until I got home from work tonight to find that my brand new cable lock was laying next to my bike with a nice big cut through it. Obviously they felt that they didn't do a good enough job Wednesday night and had to come back and finish the job. Luckily I still had my wheels but more frustration and irritation. I also noticed that there were even more bikes missing. So now I have no idea what to do. I took the lock back to Sport Authority to exchange it. The girl at the cash register was really friendly and wanted to be helpful, but then the grumpy manager comes out and says, "Sorry we really can't do anything because the product is not defective." I took exception with the defective part of his statement and said that the product was completely defective. He responded by telling me that someone just out tooled the cable. I shook my head and left.
So yeah...
So, lets play catch-up.
Here's us in a nutshell:
In August we took a trip to NYC and had a great time.
We came back and Tish started classes at UVU in their theater program.
I still work for Chase and started refereeing high school basketball and will start umpiring hs baseball next month. It's been a lot of fun and brings in a couple extra bucks.
So Tish decided that she really didn't have a future in theater so she changed her major to psychology with a theater minor.
She's still working for BRG but got moved to the night shift and is doing quality control.
Um what else, we went to Thatcher in the middle of December for a wedding/early Christmas with her mom.
We spent Christmas here in Provo. My parents got us a Wii and we got ourselves Rock Band.
In March we will be going to CA to visit my family and to take Tish to Disneyland for the second time, but the first time she will be able to remember.
So remember the part earlier when I was at the police station and I said it gave me a chance to ask some questions? Well the reason is that I have finally decided what I want to do when I grow up. I want to go into law enforcement. So in June I will start the police academy at UVU and hopefully that will lead me to becoming a cop.
So yeah that's us. Sorry we have not been so great about keeping our blog current. All I can say is that married life is busy. But we love it and we are so happy together.
(ok side thought, I'm watching NCIS on USA right now and there is a commercial for Cancer Centers of America on. The way the people describe how their doctors first tell them they have cancer is so unbelievable. the end)
Also I hope I did not lead anyone to believe that we are having a baby by the title of this post. :-)
Not yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well I hope you don't have to do any damage control. People always jump to conclusions for us when we don't even mention babies... like "I have good news..." --automatically means we're pregnant... or "I'm sick" --must mean I'm pregnant. It gets worse when you get to your year mark. Everyone expects you to really start having babies. :P Anyway, hope that bike thief gets his balls chopped off.
ReplyDeleteI seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw the title of your post in my reader. I was about to FREAK OUT in excitement and weird feelings. Haha. The thought of my Tishy poo having a baby was just too much, but hopefully this has better prepared me for when it does happen.
ReplyDeleteSooo, I really liked this post. Loved the updates and all that since I seriously miss you guys. I haven't been wanting to bug you too much since I know Tish is really busy with school and work, and that you guys would probably just like to be together in her free time. Anyway, I'm rambling and this isn't even clever. Boo. But, CONGRATULATIONS on figuring out what you want to do with your life!!! That is seriously so exciting, and I know how stressful that decision can be. How is Tish feeling about you being a cop? It scaring her? Geez, I need to stop talking now.
Bill's bike got stolen in the complex too! They cut his bike lock cable and left it sitting there for us to find. So annoying!
ReplyDeleteThat's way cool about starting police academy soon. That will be an awesome job. Way to find a profession you'll actually like!
In response to Heather's comment, I don't mind the idea of Chris going into criminal justice. I want him to be able to go to work and enjoy it. I know that it is definitely a high risk job, but hey, it's a risk just driving to work everyday, right? Maybe not...but he works at a bank now. People rob banks at gun point on occasion...now I'm the rambler. If he's happy, I'm happy for him.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny because we were watching one of my new favorite shows, Criminal Minds, and there was a psycho that was targeting and killing cops. I told him, "You can't ever be a cop, okay?" Then a few weeks later, when he first mentioned to me that he was considering this, the way he brought it up was by asking, "If there was one thing you wouldn't want me to be, what is it?" I didn't say a cop :). I'm just glad we started off at the temple. No matter what happens, we'll be okay.